Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Today they took away my mattress . . . .

Yes, today the G-Men unceremoniously loaded up my wonderful pillow top matteress and box spring and hauled it away. It was a little traumatic, seeing my wonderfully soft and comfortable, pale blue satin pillow top be casually thrown into the back end of a huge truck, never to be seen again. I loved that mattress!

Oh well, on to bigger and better things. The carpeting seems to be drying quite nicely, only after another truck pulled up yesterday and sucked the living daylights out of the carpet and pad! The remaining water and moisture in the carpeting was removed by a "disaster" expert, and then sprayed thoroughly with a disinfectant to kill any bacteria. I hope it works. We're desperately trying to save this carpeting because it's only a year old, and was put down after the last flooding episode. (We thought last year's flood was a fluke and it would never happen again.)

Sorry these posts are not too interesting, but I thought you might like to know our progress. Below are a few pictures of my worldly possessions standing in the garage. Minus of course, my blue satin pillow top.







Severe thunderstorms are predicted for tonight, and that's all I have to say about that.

1 comment: